The Inorganic Nonmetals Group provides high volume chemical testing of sediments, soils, environmental samples and drinking water. This group provides laboratory data to multiple state agencies including Virginia's Department of Environmental Quality and the Virginia Department of Health's Office of Drinking Water to ensure the citizens of the Commonwealth have safe water to drink and to enjoy recreational outdoor activities.
Ensuring the safety of our drinking and environmental waters is achieved by:
- Providing inorganic chemical and nutrient laboratory testing data to stakeholders who are ultimately responsible for activities aimed at reducing or eliminating toxic materials from water sources. Key DCLS stakeholders include:
- House Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Senate Agriculture, Conservation and Natural Resources Committee
- The Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Providing inorganic chemical testing for monitoring programs within the Public Drinking Water Supply Systems to ensure that all Virginians have access to an adequate supply of affordable, safe drinking water that meets federal and state drinking water standards.