Bureau of Capital Outlay Management
The Bureau of Capital Outlay Management (BCOM) provides the professional and administrative staff support for the Director of the Division of Engineering and Buildings in his legislatively-mandated role as the Building Official for State Buildings. The Bureau is also charged with assisting the Department of Planning and Budget in the capital budgeting process.
BCOM is responsible for:
- Enforcing the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code to assure compliance with life safety and code requirements in design and construction
- Providing building code, cost and procurement reviews of proposed state agency construction and capital outlay projects
- Developing policies, procedures, standards, forms, and other documents for the procurement of professional and construction services by state agencies
- Authoring and maintaining the Commonwealth of Virginia's Construction and Professional Services Manual (CPSM)
- Providing training and guidance on the proper application of Construction and Professional Services Manual requirements