Find more information and links here on federal and state rules, regulations and laws, eligibility for state and federal surplus programs, related forms and frequently asked questions. You can also find links to federal and state surplus property sites and associations.
Rules and Regulations
View the Rules and Regulations page for plans, codes, rules and regulations. See important documents below related to surplus property and state laws and requirements.
- The Code of Virginia, Disposition of Surplus Materials 2.2-1124
- Chapter 12 Agency Purchasing & Surplus Property Manual
- Surplus State Plan for GSA
Find out specific eligibility requirements or how to apply for eligibility to purchase surplus property at the eligibility page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read the Frequently Asked Questions page to find more information on common surplus-related questions.
Forms and Documents
See our forms and documents page to find related federal and state surplus forms.
Federal Government Surplus-Related Sites
- General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Service – Find additional details on federal surplus programs including surplus federal property provided to states.
- Defense Reutilization & Marketing Service (DRMS) - Search Department of Defense (DoD) surplus inventory, browse catalogs, and submit requests and bids.
- 1033 Program at the Law Enforcement Support Office (LESO) - Learn more about the program that offers excess DoD property to law enforcement agencies.
Association Websites and Other Websites
These associations and other websites may be of interest for surplus management or purchasing professionals
- National Association of State Agencies for Surplus Property (NASASP) - Includes eligibility, links to other state surplus sites and the overseas program.
- National Association of Purchasing Management (NAPM)
- National Association of State Purchasing Officials (NASPO)
- Virginia Association of Governmental Purchasing (VAGP)
- National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP)
- National Association of State Information Resource Executives (NASIRE)
- ThomasNet - Information on business and business products
Recycling Assistance Program
Visit the Recycling Assistance Program page to learn more about how OSPM can help state agencies recycle scrap metal, printer ink cartridges, electronic equipment and handle data destruction.
For general questions:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call the Richmond facility at (804) 236-3670 or call Wytheville facility at (276) 228-2840.
For specific contacts in the OSPM:
- See our Surplus Contacts page